Friday 19 June 2009

Speculate to acumulate

As I zoom through the Wiltshire countryside as the sun sets on what has been a spectacular day, I would just like to elaborate on a question posed to me by a prospective tutor.
The lady in question enquired as to the qualifications required to sign up as a tutor on the site. Knowing the lady to have a high class degree in Maths I explained that all she would require would be a CRB check and that the price of this would be covered in her monthly subscription. "Monthly subscription?" She exclaimed "I can't afford one of those, I am buying a house." At this point I demnonstrated that the money for one months subscription would easily be re-couped in just one hour of tuition.
At this point I beg tutors not to be put off by the initial payments and think of the bigger picture, the long term and the potential of entering into this highly lucrative industry.
Thank you for reading. Thank you also to all those who have registered their interest so far at www.tutorlink.org.uk
Best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment